Sunday, November 28, 2010

Psychotic Reaction to Turning 30

Thanksgiving is over and my Quinceanera Doble was a success, so I'm back to blogging and back to the studio Wednesday where I'll attempt to photograph my process as I create a custom "howling wolf" pendant for a coworker.  Here are a few choice photos from the party! Thanks to my little batpig Parisa for being my Papa-paparazzi!
Red Velvet Cake-Yum!
Erin and I in our Party Dresses (I'm wearing my new Psychotic Reaction Necklace!)
My good friend Erin arrived early decked out in this smashing ensemble, and was pretty much one of the only people who wore "outrageous party attire" as requested on the invite...She also gifted me one of her sculpted bird necklaces which I had been eyeing at her studio not long ago. Erin is a fabulous, multi-talented individual I met a few years ago when she sold her handcrafted jewelry line, Psychotic Reaction, in my (now closed) vintage clothing store. Her craft has since evolved from painted wood monster pendants to three dimensional, hand-sculpted jewelry made with polymer clay and resin. Her aesthetic is kooky, laid back and colorful, which makes sense since she's a surfer, an artist, and at one point the best go-go dancer I ever laid eyes on! Here's a sampling of Erin's handmade goods found at Psychotic Reaction's etsy shop:
Feathered Fran Sculpture Necklace

Astral Necklace in Cerulian

Capra Necklace
She also has a few of her paintings on her etsy shop as well:
"Tar Beach" Velvet Painting with Hand Carved Frame
Even Rob, her husband-to-be, is an artist creating furniture and frames from exotic woods. His woodworking business called Sweedle's Groove is a collaboration of he and Erin's love for tiki culture, with a heavy dose of mid-century modern style. Feast your eyes on few of my favorite hand-crafted pieces from Sweedle's Groove:
Sweedle's Groove Pendant Lamp

Sweedle's Groove Mirrored Curiosity Shelf

I'm so lucky to have such creative types in my life to fuel me creatively and inspire me to continue improving my own craft! Thanks Erin and Rob!
**Photos courtesy of Psychotic Reaction and Sweedle's Groove.**

No comments:

Post a Comment