Monday, November 22, 2010

Visits with the Babies

My sister came to visit with her kids this weekend and although the skies threatened rain, and even dumped a little on us, we still managed to have a pretty fantastic time. Every time I get to visit with my adorable niece (8 mos.) and my energetic four year old nephew, adventure abounds. During this visit we jumped in puddles, ate gelato, visited a model train store (managed not to break anything...) and jumped in more puddles. OK, so thats what my nephew got out of it, but we did squeeze in a surprisingly rain free visit to the World Famous San Diego Zoo!

My favorite Orangutan, he's massive!

Graydon had a good time jumping in the Zoo puddles and even rode the Skyfari with Uncle Blake.  Savanna squealed with delight at the adorable squirrel monkeys.
Graydon's "mega-puddle" at the San Diego Zoo


I was surprised at Graydon's lack of interest in the animals, the last time we visited the zoo he was very interested indeed...

When we returned home Graydon grabbed my camera and started snapping pictures of stuff in our apartment. Some of his photographs were pretty impressive. Blake and I are even thinking of framing some of them:

My vintage 60's typewriter

Graydon's Self Portrait

Lights

Baby Sister

My sister's visit also gave me the opportunity to give her the pendant I custom made for her with turquoise stones purchased in New Mexico on our road trip this summer:

Mandie's Peace Pendant with Turquoise
I'm so lucky to have such adorable babies to love on whenever I get the opportunity. How could I resist these chubby cheeks!

Savanna, my little Snoopy
I can't wait to see them again in December! Happy Thanksgiving Friends!





No comments:

Post a Comment