Friday, November 19, 2010

Its MY Party...

In just a few days I officially become an adult. I leave behind my twenties, a decade of figuring out who I am and what I want to do with my life. I'm still undecided as to what I want to be when I grow up, but I think I'm starting to figure it out. So far what I want is a PARTY. This year for my birthday (my THIRTIETH birthday) I'm having the party I have been talking about since I turned twenty-nine. My Quinceanera Doble! I purchased a thrift-store wedding gown, spray-painted it pink and fully intend on prancing around my apartment playing intoxicated hostess in a tiara.

Blake is pretty decent with photoshop (my invites)
Last time I had a birthday party it was at Smitty's, a truly divey, totally strange karaoke-biker bar in Vista. We had an 80's theme and I dressed as Pat Benatar in tight leather pants and a headband, and Blake donned a curly wig and went as an AC/DC superfan. We drank, sang karaoke and I pranced around as intoxicated-hostess-in-a-headband. Did I mention near the end of the night I completely ripped my pants up one side? No? Well, I did. That's how much fun 80's Karaoke can be.

superhot 80's couple...
The dilemma I'm having for this year is how to keep the party alive without karaoke to keep the throng of Sandra-fans entertained...I know I'll be playing Boy George Radio on Pandora (duh, best station EVER) and the bar will be fully stocked, but should there be games? Really the only party game I am prepared for is Spin the Bottle.

MissNovemberStudio Spin the Bottle Ring

I'm not sure I should let loose that much...I did invite some co-workers.  I guess I'll just have to make sure the food and drinks are plentiful and the conversation is good. See you at the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment