Friday, January 7, 2011

Enameling and a CONTEST!

I know I have neglected my MNS readers, but I have a reeeealy good reason why!

I started a new blog project on New Years Day to curb my clothing spending and shop my own closet.
I'm holding a contest over at Closet At Capacity for a sterling filigree ring from my ridiculous ring collection.

Check it out here: http://closetatcapacity.blogspot.com/2011/01/ride-em-cowgirl-de-hoarding-contest.html
You can win this silver filigree ring!

You can earn extra points by following the same guidelines on MissNovemberStudio:

1. "follow" my blogs (get your google account and get your little picture up there!) If you're already "following" you get an automatic point!

2. For every comment you leave you get another point!
3. In every post I'll ask a question, answer and get a point!
4. "like" Miss November Studio on Facebook, get two points!
5. Post your outfit of the day (OOTD) until the end of the contest on Miss November's Facebook page and get two points!
6. Link my blogs Closet at Capacity and/or Miss November Studio back from your blog (let me know via comment) and get 5 points!

The contest will run for two weeks- Saturday 1/8 through 1/22. 

DE-HOARDING CONTEST STARTS TOMORROW!!!!
Get your points in and win!
OK, now that we are done with that...

Enameling is something I have been wanting to try for a while. I bought a kit online and fooled around with it in the studio yesterday. I messed up a few times but I think I'm getting the hang of it! Here is my first attempt at enameling:


I filed silver over the enamel powder so when fired this heart has a glittery look to it, similar to the pyrite in lapis lazuli stones. I made a few of these "broken heart" pendants to put on Etsy for inexpensive Valentine's day gifts. I'll let you know when they're up!



No comments:

Post a Comment