Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Singin' in the Rain Under My Umbrella-ella-ella...

See my work and get to know me at MissNovemberStudio.com
Pieces can be purchased at missnovemberstudio.etsy.com


Sneak peek at the latest:


 I can't help but be inspired by San Diego's wet weather! Torrential downpours, yikes!


My friend and blog mentor Carol, from InPursuitOfPrettyThings.com convinced me to start working on less pricey pieces for my website so more people can enjoy my work without emptying their wallets entirely. This little umbrella pendant is the first prototype for that project. I wanted to incorporate crystals that resemble raindrops, they look like they're sliding down the chain! I'll be getting this up on my etsy soon for only $35! If you just can't wait, let me know and I'll make one just for you!

Stats:
Hand formed sterling silver and copper umbrella with sterling handle
sterling chain with 6 simox crystal raindrops and sterling clasp
Delicate and dainty, it is a short necklace resting high on the decolletage with a 16" total length chain
The umbrella top to tail is approximately 1 1/2 inches

What I'm really excited about with all the rain is these babies:
I haven't owned galoshes in years and there isn't really much reason to own a pair in San Diego. I saw an SA at Kate Spade wearing them and died when I noticed the bow. 

THEY HAVE BOWS! 

I've been taking stock of every pair of galoshes I've come into contact with (no thank you to kiddie prints), and these my friends are what grandma would call smart. I call them adorable, I also call the black on black pair mine thanks to a random trip to TJ Maxx where I unloaded $80 for them. I promise I will keep these forever even though I will only see them for a few weeks every year. I LOVE you fancy bow galoshes with ridiculous rubber heels! (You can try your luck at TJ Maxx or get them here)

Bring on the rain!

2 comments:

  1. Um, okay, first of all - I loved the necklace when I first laid eyes on it, but I absolutely love the explanation about the crystal beads being like raindrops sliding down the chain! That's just brilliant! And those rain boots - SO ADORABLE. I'm a little jealous. I may need to go and check out my local TJ Maxx stores...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They had other colors at the TJ Maxx on Midway!

    ReplyDelete